The course enables the participants to successfully complete the associated Virtualization Essentials exam to become a Virtualization Essentials Professional (VEP) with the Cloud Credential Council. In addition, the course complements the Cloud Essentials course. The participants can take the Cloud Essentials course either before or after they have taken the Virtualization Essentials course.
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- Small and Midsized Business Owners
- Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test etc.)
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- IT Management
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization.
- Comprehend the business benefits and business considerations of virtualization.
- Understand various approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms, and important features.
- Understand the implications of virtualization on storage, networks, and applications and recognize issues, challenges, and opportunities for managing this.
- Comprehend the implications of virtualization on the modern workplace, and recognize challenges and opportunities for managing this.
- Understand the impact and changes of virtualization on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization techniques, and understand the implications for an organization.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
- Online, self-paced training allows participants to train at their own speed, permitting them to concentrate on areas of specific need. They can train from any computer with Internet access, and the course takes about 12 hours to complete.
- Learn virtually anytime, anyplace, and at any pace.
- Online training is the most cost effective means for employees to achieve certification particularly for companies with remote employees or multiple office locations.
- Cloud Essentials courseware is accredited by the Cloud Credential Council
- Course Introduction
- Introduction of Virtualization - Context, Definitions, and Landscape
- Business Perspective - Business Value, Inhibitors, and Challenges
- The Virtual Data Center: Server Virtualization - Server Virtualization, Elements, Platforms, and Features
- The Virtual Data Center: Storage, Networks, and Applications - Storage, Networking, Automation, Tools, and Implications
- Workplace Virtualization Technologies - Workplace, Challenges, and Solutions
- Adopting Virtualization - Roadmaps, Service Introduction, and Migration Techniques
- Operating Virtualization - Service Management Applied to Virtualization
- Governing Virtualization - Risk Management, Financial Management, and Sharing Policy
- Exam Preparation - 40 Sample Questions
- There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain.
- The course includes an Exam Preparation module, preparing participants to complete the Virtualization Essentials exam
- The online exam is in closed-book format, with 40 multiple-choice questions.
- The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
- The exam lasts for 60 minutes.
- Professionals who have passed both the CompTIA® Cloud Essentials Exam, as well as the CCC Virtualization Essentials Exam are eligible for the Cloud Technology Associate Certificate (www.cloudcredential.org).