- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- Small and Mid-Size Business Owners
- Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test etc.)
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- IT Management
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing.
- Comprehend the business benefits and business considerations of cloud computing.
- Understand cloud computing from a technical perspective and recognize the various techniques, methods, challenges, and types of clouds.
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing, and understand the implications for an organization.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of cloud computing and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
- Online, self-paced training allows participants to train at their own speed, permitting them to concentrate on areas of specific need. They can train from any computer with Internet access, and the course takes about 12 hours to complete.
- Learn virtually anytime, anyplace, and at any pace.
- Online training is the most cost effective means for employees to achieve certification particularly for companies with remote employees or multiple office locations.
- This course has been designated as CompTIA Approved Quality Content
- Cloud Essentials courseware is tested by ProCert Labs
- Cloud Essentials courseware is accredited by the Cloud Credential Council
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Cloud Computing - Context, History, Definitions, and Types of Clouds
- Business Perspective - Business Perspectives, Business Case, and Outsourcing vs. Cloud Computing
- Technical Perspective - Taxonomy, Techniques, Methods, Challenges, Risks, and Implications
- Adopting the Cloud - Roadmaps, Vendors, Cloud Readiness, and Migration
- Operating in the Cloud - Service Management: Control, Design, Change, and Run
- Governing the Cloud - Risk Management, Financial Management, and Vendor Management
- Exam Preparation - 50 Questions
- There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain.
- The course includes an Exam Preparation module, preparing participants to complete the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Exam
- The exam consists of 50 questions, the passing score is 720 (on a scale of 900), and is web-based in English, Japanese and Portuguese.
- Professionals who have passed both the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Exam, as well as the CCC Virtualization Essentials exam are eligible for the Cloud Technology Associate Certificate (www.cloudcredential.org)