Business Relationship Management
Business Relationship Management Professional
4 Core BRM Disciplines
There are four core BRM disciplines which form the BRM Role, which provides a link between a provider and a one or more business units.
Demand Shaping stimulates, surfaces and shapes business demand for provider services, capabilities and products. It ensures that business strategies fully leverage provider capabilities, and that the provider service portfolio and capabilities enable business strategies. Most importantly, Demand Shaping is focused on optimizing the business value realized through provider services, capabilities and products—that low value demand is suppressed while higher value demand is stimulated.
Exploring identifies and rationalizes demand. Business Relationship Management helps sense business and technology trends to facilitate discovery and demand identification. Exploring is an iterative and ongoing process that facilitates the review of new business, industry and technology insights with potential to create value for the business environment. The key benefit of this discipline is the identification of business value initiatives that will become part of the provider portfolio of services, capabilities and products.
Servicing coordinates resources, manages Business Partner expectations, and integrates activities in accordance with the business partner-provider partnership. It ensures that business partner-provider engagement translates demand into effective supply requirements. Servicing facilitates business strategy, Business Capability Roadmapping, portfolio and program management.
Value Harvesting ensures success of business change initiatives that result from the exploring and servicing engagements. Value harvesting includes activities to track and review performance, identify ways to increase the business value from business-provider initiatives and services, and initiates feedback that triggers continuous improvement cycles. This process provides stakeholders with insights into the results of business change and initiatives.
Get BRMP certified at your own pace
- 30 or 60 days online access
- Fully accredited
- Includes the official online BRMP exam
- Includes videos, quizzes, exercises, study guides and official syllabus and sample exams
- Tutor support available via email
- 8 modules covering terminology, principles, themes and exam preparation
- Study duration: 18 hours
Modules in this course
- Module 1: An overview of BRM
- Module 2: Strategic partnering
- Module 3: Business IQ
- Module 4: Portfolio Management
- Module 5: Business transition management
- Module 6: Provider domain knowledge
- Module 7: Powerful communication
- Module 8: Exam preparation
- This course does not require any existing knowledge of BRM
- There are no mandatory pre-requisites for the exam
- Exam duration: 40 minutes
- Exam format: closed book, multiple choice
- Exam delivery: online, webcam proctored.
- Exam questions: 50 questions
- Exam pass mark: 50% (25/50 questions)
- Exam language: extra time is available for non-native English speakers. Contact us for current translation availability
- Exam voucher is included in the price of the course
- Exams must be ordered and accessed within 6 months of purchase