KCS Foundation Online
The KCS Foundation course provides support center supervisors, managers, and directors with an awareness of knowledge management best practices. Additionally, participants are introduced to fundamental concepts of the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCSSM) methodology. This course can also be used to build internal support for a new knowledge management initiative.
HDI® KCS Foundation
Technical support or business professionals who want a fundamental understanding of the benefits and processes associated with a knowledge management initiative.
- Knowledge management best practices.
- Knowledge-Centered Support concepts and methodology.
- The value and benefits of adopting Knowledge-Centered Support.
- Online, self-paced training allows participants to train at their own speed, permitting them to concentrate on areas of specific need. They can train from any computer with Internet access, and the course takes about 5-6 hours to complete.
- Learn virtually anytime, anyplace, and at any pace.
- Online training is the most cost effective means for employees to achieve certification particularly for companies with remote employees or multiple office locations.
- Ramp up employees quickly. Courses can be activated in as short as 24 hours.
This certification is for those individuals who want to demonstrate that they understand KCS practices and how they provide value. This certification ensures a consistent understanding of the KCS methodology for everyone in the organization.
Session 1: What is Knowledge-Centered Support and Why Do We Need It?
- The History of Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS)
- The Benefits of KCS
- The Concepts of KCS
- Proactive versus Reactive Knowledge Management
- The Knowledge-Centered Support Model
- The Double Loop Process Model
- Capture in the Workflow
- Structure for Reuse
- Searching is Creating
- Just-in-time Solution Quality
- Content Vitality
- Wrapping Up the KCS Methodology
- Performance Assessment
- Return on Investment
- Conclusion Register
- There are no formal prerequisites
- The certification exam is based on the KCS Foundation Certification Standard and is delivered online.
- Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes.
- A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass.
- Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
- Exam vouchers sold separately to training