HDI Support Team Lead
HDI Support Center Team Lead training ensures that participants learn how to deliver exceptional customer support, promote process improvement, coach for success, and take charge of the day-to-day operational activities of a team. This course is designed for support professionals who need to develop fundamental management and leadership skills.
HDI® Support Center Team Lead
Technical support professionals who must understand support center processes and best practices and master important daily functions like quality assurance monitoring, coaching, and escalation.
- Essential team lead management and leadership skills.
- The importance of service level agreements, and operating level agreements.
- The ITIL® processes of incident, problem, change, release, asset, and configuration management.
- An overview of security management and knowledge management.
- Strategies for managing conflict.
- The essentials of people management: hiring, scheduling, evaluating, and retaining employees.
- An eight-step method for effective coaching.
- Proven team-building and motivational techniques.
- Essential performance metrics and key performance indicators.
- Online, self-paced training allows participants to train at their own speed, permitting them to concentrate on areas of specific need. They can train from any computer with Internet access, and the course takes about 10-12 hours to complete.
- Learn virtually anytime, anyplace, and at any pace.
- Online training is the most cost effective means for employees to achieve certification particularly for companies with remote employees or multiple office locations.
- Ramp up employees quickly. Courses can be activated in as short as 24 hours.
This certification verifies that front-line technical support professionals possess the knowledge and skills required to provide quality service and support. It ensures they understand service management processes and best practices, while providing a competitive edge for career advancement.
Module 1: The Evolution of the Support Center
- The Evolution the Support Center
- The Role of the Support Center
- The Role of the Team Lead
- Management Functions
- Managing Relationships
Module 2: Business Planning and Strategy
- Strategy of a Support Center
- Service Level Agreements
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Business Alignment
Module 3: Support Center Processes
- IT Service Management
- ITIL Service Support
- Security Management
- Knowledge Management
Module 4: Service Delivery Methods and Technology
- Service Delivery Methods
- Telephony Systems
- Service Management Systems
Module 5: Recruitment and Training
- People Management
Module 6: Communication and Coaching
- Communication Skills
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Emotional Intelligence
- Managing Conflict
Module 7: Teamwork and Retention
- Performance Management
Module 8: Quality Assurance and Marketing
- Quality Assurance
- Performance Reporting
- Marketing the Support Center
- There are no formal prerequisites
- The certification exam is based on the HDI Support Center Team Lead Certification Standard and is delivered online.
- Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes.
- A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass.
- Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
- Exam vouchers sold separately to training