HDI Customer Service Representative
HDI Customer Service Representative training focuses on call handling best practices, communication and listening techniques, documentation, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills, conflict negotiation, and responses to difficult customer behaviors.
HDI® Customer Service Representative
Support professionals from customer service centers, call centers, and support centers who want to refine their communication skills and learn best practices that can help improve customer experiences.
- How to assess customer business needs and exceed customer expectations.
- Critical thinking skills to resolve incidents quickly and consistently.
- Active listening skills and effective communication strategies.
- How to identify and defuse challenging customer behavior.
- An awareness of the core processes and best practices used in service and support.
- Online, self-paced training allows participants to train at their own speed, permitting them to concentrate on areas of specific need. They can train from any computer with Internet access, and the course takes about 5-6 hours to complete. Maintain adequate coverage in your support center by staggering training dates.
- Learn virtually anytime, anyplace, and at any pace.
- Online training is the most cost effective means for employees to achieve certification particularly for companies with remote employees or multiple office locations.
- Ramp up employees quickly. Courses can be activated in as short as 24 hours.
This certification verifies that customer service professionals are knowledgeable in the skills and techniques required to provide exceptional customer service and support in both support center and call center environments. It ensures they understand how to assess customer needs while exceeding their expectations
Module 1: Your Role in the Support Center
- Role of the Customer Service Representative
- Support Center’s Role in the Business
- Total Contact Ownership
- Call Handling Procedures
- Quality Assurance
Module 2: Communication Skills
- The Communication Process
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Vocal Elements
- Active Listening
- Incident Documentation
- Writing Skills
Module 3: Problem-solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-solving and Types of Thinking
- Questioning Skills
- Solve Incidents with IMPACT
- Additional Strategies
Module 4: Maximizing Effectiveness
- Your Customer’s Psychological Needs
- Handling Conflict
- Handling Difficult Customer Behaviors
- Stress Management
- The Power of a Service Attitude
- There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the customer service domain.
- The certification exam is based on the HDI Customer Service Representative Certification Standard and is delivered online.
- Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes.
- A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass.
- Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
- Exam vouchers sold separately to training