There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT governance domain.
Course Student Material
- Online, self-paced instructional material available for 90 days
- Participants can download the following additional reference materials from the ISACA website (http://www.isaca.org): COBIT 5
About the Examination
The web-based exam is closed-book format with 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 50%. The exam lasts for 40 minutes. It is NOT included in the course price.
A voucher for the exam must be purchased as an addition to the course.
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, quality and process management professionals and auditors, who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what the framework can provide their organization.
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for the use of COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
At the end of this course, participants will enjoy these benefits:
- Master COBIT 5 at a foundation level
- Apply COBIT in their day-to-day practice
The course is a steppingstone for the COBIT Implementation course, as well as the COBIT 5 assessor course.
Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of the COBIT Foundation course, since it puts participants in the right mind-set to apply the principles of COBIT in real life. The new case study takes this into account and builds on it by: